The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in Nigeria conducts the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for admission into tertiary institutions. The stages of JAMB include:
- Registration: This is the initial stage where prospective candidates register for the UTME. It involves creating a JAMB profile, obtaining the National Identification Number (NIN), and providing personal information.
- Profile Creation: Candidates create a profile on the portal by providing their personal details, including name, date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- NIN Verification: Candidates are required to verify their National Identification Number (NIN) by linking it to their profile. This is a mandatory step for registration.
- UTME Subject Selection: Candidates choose the subjects they intend to sit for in the UTME. The subjects are usually based on the requirements of the course they wish to study.
- Mock Examination (Optional): they provides a mock examination to help candidates familiarize themselves with the UTME format. Participation in the mock exam is optional.
- Printing of Examination Slip: Candidates are required to print their examination slips, which contain details such as the examination date, time, and venue.
- UTME: This is the main examination conducted by JAMB. It usually takes place over a period of days and covers subjects such as English Language, Mathematics, and other relevant subjects based on the candidate’s chosen course.
- Result Checking: After the UTME, candidates can check their results on the JAMB portal using their registration number or profile code.
- Post-UTME (Dependent on Institutions): Some tertiary institutions may require candidates to participate in a post-UTME screening exercise. This stage involves additional tests or interviews conducted by the institutions to determine admission eligibility.
Start practicing for the forth coming JAMB CBT exam with JAMBKIT, contains Jamb 2000 to 2023 past questions, Post UTME past questions from 21 universities and polytechnics, Video solution to all Jamb questions, Brochure and Syllabus, E-library, Games and Much more.
It’s important to note that the specific stages and procedures may vary slightly from year to year, so it’s always advisable to consult the official JAMB website or relevant authorities for the most up-to-date information.
Also, read Why Maximizing Your JAMB Exam Score Matters