The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is pleased to announce the opening of applications for the prestigious Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters and PhD programs in the United Kingdom. This scholarship presents a remarkable opportunity for students aspiring to pursue their education in various fields. The program is set to commence in the academic year of September/October 2024-25.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission will grant selected students the chance to study on-site in the United Kingdom. To be considered for this esteemed scholarship, applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and fulfill the necessary application requirements. The application process for the CSC online scholarship began on September 5, 2023, and the deadline for submission is October 18, 2023.
The scholarship offers two distinct courses:
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship: This scholarship is designed for individuals seeking to pursue a Master’s degree in their chosen field.
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarship: This scholarship is specifically tailored for candidates pursuing a PhD program.
The Commonwealth Commission has outlined the eligibility criteria and requirements that applicants must meet. These include:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of a Commonwealth country, hold refugee status granted by any country, or be British Protected Persons.
- Residency: Applicants must be permanent residents of an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Availability: Applicants must be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024.
- Academic Qualifications: By September 2024, applicants must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honors standard or a second class degree (2:2) with a relevant postgraduate qualification. It is important to note that the CSC generally does not fund a second UK Master’s degree. However, applicants seeking a second UK Master’s degree must provide a valid justification for their decision.
- Financial Status: Applicants must provide a clear explanation of their financial situation.
- Transcripts and References: Applicants must submit comprehensive transcripts of their higher education qualifications, including up-to-date transcripts for any ongoing studies. Additionally, references from at least two individuals are required.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide certified copies of their passport bio-data page, bachelor’s/master’s degree certificates, all university academic transcripts, two letters of reference (professional, educational, and community level), a copy of the acceptance letter, completed online application form, and the completed Government of Grenada scholarship application form (obtained from the Human Resource Development Division).
Start practicing for the forth coming JAMB CBT exam with JAMBKIT, contains Jamb 2000 to 2023 past questions, Post UTME past questions from 21 universities and polytechnics, Video solution to all Jamb questions, Brochure and Syllabus, E-library, Games and Much more.
It is essential to submit all supporting documents for the scholarship by October 17, 2023.
For further information regarding tenure and placement, selection criteria for Commonwealth Masters Scholarships, study plan guidelines, PhD application forms, and general conditions about the CSC scholarship, applicants are advised to visit the official website of the Commonwealth.