While writing the JAMB exam, it’s important to keep the following things in mind:
- Read and Understand Instructions: Take the time to carefully read and understand all the instructions provided before starting the exam. Pay attention to details such as the number of questions, time limits, and any specific guidelines given.
- Manage Your Time Wisely: The JAMB exam is time-bound, so it’s crucial to manage your time effectively. Allocate a specific amount of time for each section or question and stick to it. Avoid spending too much time on a single question, as it may eat into the time you have for other questions.
- Answer Easy Questions First: Start by answering the questions you find easier and are confident about. This will help you build momentum and save time for more challenging questions later. Remember to mark the questions you skip, so you can come back to them if time permits.
- Stay Calm and Focused: It’s natural to feel nervous during exams, but try to stay calm and focused. Take deep breaths, maintain a positive mindset, and concentrate on the task at hand. Avoid getting distracted by other candidates or external factors.
- Review Your Answers: If time allows, go back and review your answers before submitting the exam. Check for any errors or omissions, and make necessary corrections. However, be cautious not to change correct answers unless you are absolutely sure of the correction.
- Use Proper Examination Techniques: Use proper examination techniques such as underlining keywords, eliminating obviously wrong options, and carefully analyzing questions before answering. These techniques can help you approach the exam strategically and improve your chances of selecting the correct answers.
- Manage Your Writing: Ensure your handwriting is legible and neat. Write clearly and avoid any unnecessary scribbles or smudges that may make your answers difficult to read. Organize your thoughts and present your answers in a structured manner.
- Avoid Examination Malpractice: JAMB has strict rules against examination malpractice. Avoid any form of cheating, such as copying from others or using unauthorized materials. Engaging in malpractice can lead to severe consequences, including disqualification from the exam.
Start practicing for the forth coming JAMB CBT exam with JAMBKIT, contains Jamb 2000 to 2023 past questions, Post UTME past questions from 21 universities and polytechnics, Video solution to all Jamb questions, Brochure and Syllabus, E-library, Games and Much more.
Remember, thorough preparation, confidence, and a calm approach are key to performing well in the JAMB exam. Trust in your abilities, stay focused, and give your best effort. Good luck!
Also, read 5 Essential Steps to Ace the JAMB Exam