MUTA Education is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2024 MUTA Education Scholarship Program. The awards are based on merit and are intended for full-time undergraduate students who are enrolled in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), medicine, and allied medical programs.
One qualified recipient will be selected from each of the 14 Tiv-speaking LGA in Benue State and one each from Taraba and Nasarawa states.
Benefits of MUTA Education Scholarship
The Committee expects to grant up to 16 scholarships for the 2024 – 2025 academic year. The amount per recipient is N50,000.00. This amount will be transferred directly to the recipient’s account and can be used for tuition, fees, research, or other expenses directly related to undergraduate study.
Requirements for MUTA Education Scholarship
To be eligible, the applicant must;
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), medicine, or any allied medical field.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5.0 scale (equivalent to a second-class upper degree) or 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Note: No consideration will be given to applicants who do not meet the above CPGA requirement even if the applicant has the highest CGPA in his or her local government.
Start practicing for the forthcoming JAMB CBT exam with JAMBKIT, which contains Jamb 2000 to 2023 past questions, Post UTME past questions from 21 universities and polytechnics, Video solution to all Jamb questions, Brochure and Syllabus, E-library, Games and Much more
- Applications that satisfy eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the committee and will be checked based on the CPGA (60%) and the quality as well as strength of the applicant’s statement (40%).
- If applicants provide false information, they won’t be considered. Make sure to submit the completed application form and all necessary documents to the Committee by 5 PM on Friday, April 15, 2024, US Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5).
- Winners will receive notification by email. If you’re not selected, you won’t receive a notification. Also, those who get scholarships will be announced on Radio Benue and the website www.muta.org by June 5, 2024. The Committee suggests checking online on that date to know the status of your application. Awards will be given out at a ceremony in July or August 2024. The exact date will be announced once plans are finalized. Winners need to agree to their image being used for promotional purposes.
Besides the application form, applicants need to submit a 2-page, double-spaced personal statement. In this statement, they should explain why they believe they deserve the award. They can include details about their academic history, achievements, community service, career aspirations, and financial needs as appropriate justifications.
The Committee also requires the following items:
- A statement confirming that the candidate currently does not belong to, and will not join or engage in any activities related to cults or similar organizations, both on and off campus.
- Certificate of State or Local Government origin.
- You need a signed letter from the Academic Officer or the relevant Head of Department at your institution confirming your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA). Download the form from the section below the application form.
April 15, 2024
How to Apply
To apply, please fill out the online form provided below (directly under this notice). Also, ensure that all required supporting documents are uploaded securely through the online portal. This streamlined and user-friendly process allows for efficient submission and ensures that your application is complete and ready for review.
For more details, visit MUTA website