Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship is open to final-year undergraduate students enrolled in Nigerian federal government universities. This scholarship specifically targets students interested in pursuing life-long careers in biological sciences and engineering.
The aim of this scholarship is to get students interested in biotechnology. Biotechnology is a science that uses living things to make useful products. It started in the 1970s and has since led to the making of many different things, such as medicines, chemicals, and other products.
Benefits of Steve Eshiemogie Undergraduate Scholarship
- One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000)
- Professional career mentorship.
Requirements for Steve Eshiemogie Undergraduate Scholarship
- Must be a Nigerian student studying in Nigeria.
- Must be enrolled in a “federal” government university.
- Must be studying any of the following courses: chemical engineering, biology, microbiology, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, plant biology, or related courses.
- Must be advancing to final year of undergraduate study. That is, must have completed 300 Level if your course is a 4-year course, or must have completed 400 Level if your course is a 5-year course.
- Must have a last sessional CGPA of at least 4.3 on a 5.0 scale, or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have not received any scholarship before
Start practicing for the forthcoming JAMB CBT exam with JAMBKIT, which contains Jamb 2000 to 2023 past questions, Post UTME past questions from 21 universities and polytechnics, Video solution to all Jamb questions, Brochure and Syllabus, E-library, Games and Much more
This scholarship wants to reward both hard work and those who need help financially. They’ll first pick students who do well in school, then from those students, choose the ones who need money the most to afford their education.
If you qualify for this scholarship, you should definitely apply! It’s a great opportunity to get rewarded for your hard work and get some help paying for school.
- Application opens 17th Febraury, 2024.
- Application closes 24th Febraury, 2024.
- Scholars notified 30th March, 2024.
February 24, 2024
How to Apply
- Tell your story! Explain why you’re excited about your studies, also any challenges you’ve faced, and what you’ll research in your undergraduate project. Your plans, and how you’ll make a positive impact in your country and Africa. Mention things you’ve achieved that make you a good candidate. Be honest, and clear, and keep it under 2 pages. Write in your voice, no fancy AI stuff is needed!
- Draft a well-structured CV/Resume and save it in PDF format.
- Obtain 2 letters of recommendation from lecturers (or professors) in your department. Scan these letters and save them in PDF format. You can scan these letters with your mobile phone.
- Obtain a signed letter from your HOD or course advisor, confirming that you are not a beneficiary of any other scholarship (NOTE: You are not qualified for the Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship if you are a beneficiary of MTN Scholarship, Shell Scholarship, Seplat Scholarship, Agbami Scholarship, FSB Scholarship, or any other undergraduate scholarship). Download and use the draft attached HERE.
- Obtain a copy of your undergraduate transcript showing your grades from 100 Level to your current level). Note: Self-reported transcripts are accepted. That is, if you cannot obtain official transcripts from your institution, you can draft your transcripts by yourself (no need for an official signature or stamp from your institution). Download and use the self-reported transcript template attached HERE.
- Prepare a document that clearly states the full amount of your tuition (school fee), the start and end date of your final year of study, the official deadline for payment of your school fee, and the title of your undergraduate project topic (if you have one).
- Send all documents to [email protected]. The subject of the email should be APPLICATION FOR STEVE ESHIEMOGIE SCHOLARSHIP 2024. NOTE: All documents should be saved in PDF format.
For more details, visit Steve Eshiemogie website