OCI (Onyebuchi Chris Ifediora) Foundation annually offers indigent Nigerian students financial awards to support their education in registered Nigerian universities.
The Scholarship winners are awarded annual financial support throughout the approved duration of their chosen programs in any university in Nigeria.
The scholarships focus on brilliant, but financially challenged students, also the application and screening processes are designed to identify and support this class of undergraduates.
Start practicing for the forthcoming JAMB CBT exam with JAMBKIT, which contains Jamb 2000 to 2023 past questions, Post UTME past questions from 21 universities and polytechnics, Video solution to all Jamb questions, Brochure and Syllabus, E-library, Games and Much more
Benefits of OCI Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
- Full scholarship till graduation
Requirements for OCI Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
(A). FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS:
- A valid Government-issued identity (ID) document (e.g. an International Travel Passport, a Voter’s Card, a National Identity Card, or a Driver’s License). Applicants who are below the age of 18 years and are unable to apply for a government ID can submit a birth certificate.
- An official letter from your school (Head of Department) stating the following: Your full name, Gender, Matriculation number (Newly matriculated scholars who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter from their institution of study), Course Title and Level, Department of Study;
- Certified (by a qualified legal practitioner) copies of the following. Note that the originals must be presented by successful applicants during the interviews:
a) JAMB/UME result certificate
b) Senior Secondary School Exam Certificate (WASSCE or NECO)
c) A valid student ID for your host institution
d) A recent passport photograph
e) A letter of recognition from the Traditional Ruler of your town, confirming your Local Government Area in Anambra State of Nigeria. No other letters or documents will be accepted instead of this.
f) A 500-word essay, about “My family”.
Note that originals of all the submitted documents will need to be viewed during the interview, which will only be attended by successful candidates
(B). RENEWING APPLICANTS:
- An official letter from your school (Head of Department) stating the following: Your full name, Gender, Matriculation number, Course Title and Level, Department of Study, and your Cumulative Grade point Average (CGPA) for the years completed. AND/OR:
- An official statement of your result for the completed year(s).
- If applicable, a letter stating any change(s) in your circumstances (change in department, withdrawal from school, and so on).
Note that originals of all the submitted documents will need to be viewed during the interview, which will only be attended by successful candidates.
April 26, 2024
How to Apply
The 2024 Scholarship applications (for both the first-time and renewing candidates) will February the 22nd 2024, and will end at midnight on April 26th, 2024. All times are based on GMT.
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE APPLICATION DATE COMES AROUND
- First-time applicants for the Cyfed Undergraduate Scholarship should click HERE to commence an online application (for eligible indigenes of Anambra East Local Government Area only).
- Renewing applicants for the Cyfed Undergraduate Scholarship should click HERE to commence an online application (for eligible indigenes of Anambra East Local Government Area only).
Please ensure you have the following documents, which should be submitted separately by email to: [email protected].
For more details, visit the OCI Foundation website